Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thankful List Continued 21- 30

21. Planner- With my many jobs and ever random tasks, I would be at a loss without my handy dandy planner. Yay for no overbooking, promptness, and a sense of accomplishment.



22. Pens- Because I prefer to write in pen for school notes, I have made minor adjustments to regular pens. I add silk flower tops and wrap green tape around the body of the pen, to give the illusion of writing with a flower. I even own a pen that lights up blue when I write. Yes, even writing notes in class can make me smile.



23. Fascinating Words- Any word, not often used in conversation, or just the inflection changed, will often entertain me for the remainder of a day. For example, my brother and I will keep ourselves occupied for hours just saying or making up interesting words. My cousins and I as children would name flowers while hiking (This permanently confused me to their true names). Friends in class even, could just say the word "muffin" and it would make me smile. FantastEEK!


24. Teaching- Recently, I have began regularly teaching kayaking and tutoring. However challenging, there is a great sense of joy and pride when the person's face lights up with understanding at a problem or at the accomplishment of completing a roll.



25. Open Mic- An event that began in Klamath this last term. It has brought me great joy with providing a space for local artists to present live music and poetry. It has also become a venue for me to attempt to brave my fears with public presentation.



26. Rain- This last week has been quite rainy- a good change from snow.



27. Trains- I have only ridden the train twice in my life, so far. Both times though, it has been great fun. There is something just relaxing, about watching the scenery change to the rhythm of gentle rocking, that calls back to an earlier days when people were not so rushed and time could wait.

28. Bikes- My most dependable mode of transportation I look forward to sunny days that I can just let loose and ride!



29. Change- Well, I am most pleased when change happens on my own terms, but I do enjoy a switch from the mundane and familiar in routine or location. Currently, I am looking forward to my extern draw, where I will find out where I will be living for the next year.



30. Hair dye- When I get bored, one of the first things I sometimes do is change my hair color. Hence, when I got bored last week, I went from being my natural blond hair color of 12 months to a light brown. Funny how hair color can make my day; but then, my mom always said I had to do something special with my hair- even when I was young.

2 comments:

L is for ... said...

Hi Bethany -
That is a great pic - I think it is the first one I have seen without your braces. I also got my hair colored - main purpose was to hide the grey, but it made me feel pretty too!
Love,
Lisa

bethany said...

Thanks for all the compliments, Lisa! I was just thinking how no one ever comments on my blog. It made me so happy to see your message :)