Sunday, February 8, 2009

When life is crazy, make lists.

This week, I truly started my new job as a tutor on campus. This added 6hrs to my work week, and a headache of a new schedule to learn. I tutor chemistry, radiology, Pre-MIT and anatomy & physiology. It is amazing what one forgets after a class has ended. I feel, as if I am actually learning the material, now, that I have to basically teach it. So much for truly learning the first time. This is definitely proving to be a great refresher for me.


Other activities added to my planner this week were: purchase of new snowboard boots for the OP, plan Ice Skating trip for Valentine's Day, plan/ execute a trip to Mt. Bachelor, swimming, dinner party, wine tasting, and Mountain Hard Ware presentation. Yes, my week was packed. Looking back I praise God that everything was accomplished.


This Saturday, the Bachelor trip went well, considering everything that went wrong. In fact, I believe that the students on the trip weren't even aware of most things that happened "behind the scene." My critical thinking skills are definitely being tested! Once again, I am so thankful that my God is watching out after me.


List of complications:
(Yes, this is for entertainment purposes)
  • Second rate bus (Driver had to be told what route to take to the mountain.)
  • OP credit card maxed out and I had to use my own
  • Morning of the trip, my alarm was set for 5pm and my was phone on silent. Luckily, Ryan (student/ friend on the trip) came woke me at 5:35am. (I was suppose to be at the school at 5:25am at the latest.)
  • Trent (info desk manager and student on the trip) fortunately had keys into the school and let Abbye (OP staff) into the CU and Subway. (I had the keys she needed.)
  • Another OP staff member never made it to the school... still not sure what happened
  • Picked up a wait listed student on the way to the mountain
  • A student vomited on the bus
  • 2 students were injured on the mountain before 3pm. One had to be taken down the mountain on a sled.
  • After returning to Klamath, the bus almost left the OIT parking lot with my bag still on board





Even with all these inconveniences, the mountain was still amazing. Mt. bachelor had received 4 inches of fresh snow the night prior, and the day was sunny and beautiful. The summit chair lift was even open! I had not been on the summit for years and the view was incredible! I truly had a wonderful time playing in the powder. (Eric, you should be proud of me. I landed a 180 off a side wall.)

No comments: