Thursday, March 21, 2013

$450 dollars later

This was my bill for new tires after a quick inspection revealed a nail, and the well worn truth that my tires would not take me safely to California and back. Well, this would not to be the only unexpected news that would fall upon my ears while I waited at Les Schwab tire center. On the other end of my phone line was an offer of employment. Ego boosted, I politely told the HR rep that I would need time to think over the offer as I was heading out of town. I did not tell her it was to another interview for a job I much preferred to the one being dished up.
So, when 24hrs later I had another offer, I was counting my lucky stars and praising Jesus! Not only were the staff friendly and the location grand, but after a tour of the quaint little town of Truckee I even held a hand drawn map of the "Must See" tour of the area. My new friend of a local framing shop had immediately started drawing and recommending sights to see after our brief discussion of local recreation and art. She even promised to check in with some friends for rental options. And not only that, but she is the wife of the local cardiologist!!! PRAISE! -even if the hospital does not have a cath lab this is pretty close to one of those God ordained meetings.
The rest of my afternoon was spent following the "map" with my mouth wide open in a huge grin. I was definitely the tourist pulling over and snapping photos with my phone, as I regretfully did not have my camera with me. My adventure took me past the famous Donner Lake, up to three of the local ski resorts, down to lake Tahoe and past mount rose. Needless to say my mind already has begun planning the many more adventures surrounding these areas. Biking, XC skiing, Sail boating, and hiking all seem a wonderful part of the lifestyle here- WOOHOO I feel home!
Also, check one off the bucket list I gave a hitch-hiker a ride along the way!
Photographed from the west end of Donner Lake, facing toward the town of Truckee, CA.

No comments: