Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Back to Bend









It is always so great to go back some place and feel completely at home; and Bend did not disappoint me this last weekend
My four day weekend started with a quick trip to Corvallis to visit my friend Nathan. We did the usual: Play hard, eat well routine. Then I drove over the pass with enough time to get my oil changed (for free!) and dress up for my friends Janna & Mike's wedding. The wedding was lovely and it was so wonderful to see my Bend church family. Saturday was packed full with fun events. An early bike ride, some random paddle boarding, volleyball and lunch with my friend Shaphan. (My friends Shaphan and Bekah just moved to Bend.) Then I met up with Megan for some hot tubing, brownie baking, and good conversation with our friend Bryne. Megan and I then went downtown to the poet house for some live music. After that Bekah and I went back to here home for the summer and made dinner and watched a movie. -Such a great Saturday!
Sunday, I went to church with the Eugene crew, plus two. Afterward, Richard and I went on a motorcycle ride out east of town. Then I ran some errands with the German grandma :) In the mid afternoon I met Jeremy and Bryne and their dogs to walk the River trail. We also enjoyed some of the free music at the Les Chewab amphitheater. The evening came to a finale at the Common Table for dinner. (Check it out! Great food and great concept of community! commontable.net ) Lastly, we drove to Shaphan's new casa for milk shakes. Monday was a little slower pace. My grandmother and I went to Jackson's Corner for breakfast and then ran some errands before noon. I then met up with my friend Maddy and her mother to hike at Tumalo Falls. The trail was covered in snow about 3 miles in so we came back to town for "Cuppa Yo" and a walk in Drake Park. Then I had dinner with Maddy and her husband, Guy, before heading back over to Eugene.
Going to Bend, I definitely pack in all that I enjoy and find wonderful about Central Oregon. Next weekend, I need to hike the butte and float the river to accomplish the basics though ;)

No comments: