Monday, August 2, 2010

Day one discipleshipe training

John 12:24-26

We must be so committed to living for Christ that we "hate" our lives by comparsion. This does not mean that we long to die or that we are careless or destructive with the life God has given, but that we are willing to die if doing so will glorify Christ. We must deny the tyrannical rule of our own self-centeredess. By laying aside our striving for advantage, security, and pleasure, we can serve God lovingly and freely. Releasing control of our lives and transferring control to Christ bring eternal life and genuine joy.
What I do in life is what God has placed in my heart to do as service to bring others to an understanding of Him. Nothing that I do makes me better than any one person. I live in joy supplied by Christ. I am called to love purely.

Micah 6:8

No comments: