Sunday, October 11, 2009

Living for the Weekend


Last weekend, I visited my cousin and his community group. It was a great time of talking to people that love Jesus and then worshiping Him. The next day, I went hiking with some friends up to Mary's Peak. Mary's Peak is the highest point in the coastal range at 4,097 ft. The weather was great and we were able to barely make out the Cascade Mountains through the fire smoke.
The following day my friend Nathan and I drove out to the Three Sister's Wilderness to do some hiking. We hiked Tam McCarther's Rim, to little Three Creek's Lake for camp and then finally to Park Meadow. It was an exhausting and wonderful time being at the base of my mountains. I even got a sun burn to prove it!

This weekend has also been a wonderful time of enjoying all things "Fall." My cousin and I went to the Eugene Independent Film Festival, hiked Mt Pisgah, picked apples, bought other produce at a local farm (squash, pumpkin, pears, tomatoes), and went to the Saturday market. I watched the football game, went to a ballet production, and tonight I am going to hang out with Bekah and then go to a corn maze! All the trees outside my window are changing color and the air has a bight that I enjoy so much in the sun. I love fall!

No comments: