Monday, January 26, 2009

Mamma always said..."God watches over drunkers and fools."


Over this last month, I have felt as if my brain has left me, only to report back random signals. Fortunately, this deficit body will receive a signal just in time to counter the damage.
For example:
Hood trip: Brain left during meal at a pizza parlor in Redmond. Upon return, 20 minutes after we had left, retainers were remembered left in a napkin on the table. Fortunately, the trash at said pizza parlor was still in the building. After digging for about 10 excruciating minutes, I was blessed with half of my set and a new aroma reminiscent of pizza.
Tubing trip: Brain left Friday night during shopping trip for groceries for OP trip. Brain briefly returns, 6:30am in the morning for a quick shopping trip to pick up forgotten items from previous night. Overdue, brain leaves again only to return an hour and half later, when drivers license and credit card is needed. Unexpectedly, when called, the grocery store had said wallet turned in all intact.

Perhaps my body is rebelling to my jam packed social and academic lifestyle.
...Well, these last couple of weeks have been somewhat more demanding than others.
Here it is the Frazzled list that is a somewhat a stable example of what my week entails...

Monday: catch up on what homework I failed to do before the weekend. Shadow at the hospital. write up my observation. study for a test. class/test. work for 3 hrs preparing trips. do homework. check email. check extern sites. do paper work for extern. swing dance.
Tuesday: early class. run. clean house. random chores. attend OP meeting. homework. review sites for extern. foot sol in the gym.
Wednesday: class. work. organize/ catalog/ rent/ buy equipment for OP. homework. rock climbing meeting. teach kayaking. (job interview last week)
Thursday: class/ test. run. homework. apply for jobs. RDSC meeting. open mic. foot sol. (went to bend last week to replace retainers)
Friday: class. OP prep for trip. homework. rock climb. basketball game. movie with friends. (dealt with exploding toilet last week)
Saturday: OP trip. dinner party.
Sunday: church early. homework. study session with friends. dinner party/ movie.

As overloaded as this list sounds, it is when I have open time that I freak out. I like being busy and knowing my schedule.
The self time that I thought I would have more of with my light course load has definitely been elusive. Turns out, I am still trying to complete the book I started over winter break (2 months ago). Surprisingly, I am still alive, healthy and passing my classes.
Thank you God for watching over me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: