Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inspired



My cousin, Lisa, started a blog when she was diagnosed with cancer. Recently, she started a list of things that she in thankful for/ praises to the Lord. I found the list a great reminder that "Every good thing is from the Lord,"and am inspired to start my own list. Here is the Beginning of the great things in my life... 1- 10.

  1. God- The peace and assurance I feel every time I choose to be aware that You are near.



  2. Sun- When I wake to see that it is a sunny day, I know it will be a great day.



  3. Dinner Parties- This has become a wonderful tradition that my friends and I started last year. It is so great to be able to enjoy a great meal and conversation with these people.



  4. Cars- Being that I do not have a car, I am so grateful for friends that willingly let me borrow or pick me up with theirs.



  5. OP- I have worked for the Outdoor Program at OIT for three year. I don't get paid that much, but the benefits totally make my job the best! Free rentals, the opportunity to see so many beautiful locations and meet fun people that also enjoy the outdoors.



  6. Rainbows- Over winter break, I was hiking with my Dad and we saw a full rainbow! It was crazy to see the entire arch in full color- amazing!



  7. Family- I have been blessed with such a truly wonderful immediate and extended family.



  8. Gaiters- This winter, I finally bought some gadders. Such a great invention! I can't believe that I have been xc-skiing and snowshoeing without them. In fact, I used them yesterday snowshoeing at Crater Lake.



  9. Traveling- Mexico has my heart forever. The people, food, cites, and color are so vibrant. Washington, DC will hold my interest in history. Victoria, BC my passion for growing things and beauty.



  10. The Oregon Coast- Feeling the enormity yet isolated moment while riding surf on a board, Sand under foot, fortified castles, golden dunes, crashing rhythmic waves , catching fresh crab, and the sun slowly disappearing into the distance. So many wonderful memories with family and friends surround "The Beach."

2 comments:

L is for ... said...

I love your list - it inspires me to keep doing my list and have my moment each day to thank God for all I have.
Cousin Lisa

Susan H. said...

Beth - Are you talking about gaiters? Love your list!
Aunt Susan