Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Goal To Achieve

What is the point of growing up, having experiences, making connections? It all seems an exhausting show that never ends or keeps one from becoming inevitably bored. Our desires and visions change, but is there ever a core issue or item that will satisfy?
If I have a goal, how am I to know that all the effort I put toward that ideal will not disappoint me once achieved? Why do people change careers on average at least 3 times? Why do so many marriages end in divorce? Why is there such a separation between the poor and wealthy? Why do we settle for things?
I want love, joy and happiness. I am told that I should desire much more than these though. I am told that without money or status, I am nothing but boring or faining disinterest toward them, and therefore foolish. People say I need to graduate for others to take me seriously. But then what will they think of me if I do not use the degree for which I graduated?
I enjoy travel, meeting people, trying new things, and seeing people enjoy themselves. Should I have been a travel guide? I enjoy art in every form. Should I have studied art in school instead of science? I enjoy a breath taking view and warm cup of tea on a brisk morning, but where does that leave me?
To be genuine and live each day fully are aspirations of mine. Now, if I only had a direction and someone to share the experience.

No comments: