Monday, February 8, 2010

Prompting to Purity

Starting to understand the meaning of the word sanctification and realizing that I want to be holy for my God that is holy.
Has my culture cultivated a biting tongue and stinging wit within myself, or is it merely my own personal inclination?
My tendency for perverse speech and aggressive behavior, I have finally become disgusted by. I realize now it comes across as lame and uneducated, even as a shock factor, defense mechanism or culturally learned habit. Yes, it is a part of me, but a part now that I want to be separated from.
In this, I also do not want to be of the position to look down on persons that use this language to describe their world. I just personally, want to not be hurtful with my quick wit. However, I do not mean to have a mind that is disengaged from the daily goings on or be not able to debate. I just want to make more than a conscious decision to have kind speech and thought.
God I know that you have prompted this thought. Continue your work in me. Because only by your working within me will I be able to reflect this change to purity.

No comments: