Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I saw a beaver while biking home today!

Last weekend was GREAT! I was able to catch a ride home to Bend with a fellow classmate. When I arrived my Mother had prepared one of my favorite meals growing up, meatloaf. Crazy, what tickles your fancy when you are young- often it is the simple things. Anyways, after the meal the Mother and I went downtown for the monthly Art Hop. This is a wonderful event that I miss, being in Klamath. Local artists display there work in many of the local shops, and offer free wine and aurderves to admirers. There is often live music as well. It never fails to be a great time of socializing, and appreciation of art and wine.

Saturday, I met up with some old girlfriends at the local tea house- another favorite I miss. We all played catch up, since it had been a good length of time between visits for us all. We four, were all part of the original five girls in the New Hope Church youth group; well, for our age group. Now, two of us are married, one has a beautiful son, one is going off to do humanitarian efforts in Afghanistan, and one is engaged/ graduating (unfortunately unable to make it to the meeting). Then there is me just trying to finish up my Junior year and move to my extern site. At any rate, the tea was good, conversation was great and Clifford was adorable (bubbly baby boy).

The rest of the day was filled with family. We went out to eat, shop and watched a movie. It was a long lovely day.

Sunday, I hiked the butte in the sleeting rain, before joining the brother for church. The view wasn't the greatest, but it was an activity I couldn't pass up while being in town. My whirlwind visit came to an exhausted end with a brief visit with another friend, and quick stop at REI and Costco. And lastly, a brief birthday bash in Klamath for a friend.

I had a great time, though returned to Klamath completely drained. Thankfully, this week I haven't had to test in any of my classes. That will come next week. Pray for me, I will then have 3 tests.

Until that time though, I have been distracted looking forward to visiting Ashland and seeing a play with a friend. In addition now, I will also be anxiously waiting for a mountain bike trip to the Umpqua hot springs/ Tokatee Falls area for this weekends OP trip. I love spontaneous fun! Pray that I don't hurt myself. I have never been mountain biking. I am sure it will prove to be a very fun adventure. :D

No comments: