Thursday, November 29, 2012

Date with my Grandpa

 Today while looking for a box of cereal, I found a couple tins of sardines and and a box of hash-browns (the freeze dried kind that you can prepare super quick.) Both of these foods I love! -Not because they are particularly good, but more because they remind me of my grandfather. I was even more pleased to see these things hidden away because my grandmother hates them, but also kept them as a reminder of my Poppy.
When we were allowed to eat sardines, it was only because we were outside, where the fresh air would blow the smell away. My grandfather loved to rail my grandmother and would ask for a kiss following our smelly fish consumption. Hehehe
Tomorrow, if it is not raining, I think I'll sit on the back porch with my Poppy and enjoy the last tin. - It's a date!

No comments: