Friday, July 6, 2007

Be Disciplined For YOUR Declaration of Assurance

It is such a strange thing that fall in love with God only when He blesses us.
I just received my acceptance letter to a radiology program for the next fall and about jumped out of my skin! This is the perfect conclusion to what God has obviously been organizing. I have a great house, perfect school job, and now the cherry on top the program! I am so glad God knows the plans He has for me, because this all did not happen in the order that i thought it should happen. I mean who makes plans to be in a specific location the next year without truly knowing if in all certainty you will? God is definitely faithful! (John 10) In fact, He says in His word that He will guide, protect, strengthen, support and lead. God will make a victory for us. (read Psalms 18:28-34) All of these attributes are true promises- a declaration of assurance. These promises are not the same as the ones you made in middle school; they hold more weight then a pinkie promise trust me. Grab a hold of these promise and claim them for yourselves because God is your strength, your guide, your solid rock, and lover. But to understand fully the plans God, in even the smallest measure, we must be disciplined. Take time to truly read God's word and then stand firm on those promises form God- you will not be let down.
  • be disciplined to pray
  • be disciplined to know God
  • be disciplined to show God to others
  • be disciplined to follow Christ

1 comment:

Susan H. said...

Congrats Bethany!!
See ya soon.
Aunt Susan