Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Extern Starts Tomorrow!

With my final two weeks of summer, my time has been divided between both Eugene (my future home) and Bend (always home).

I moved into a temporary living situation with a friend in my program. After which, I started familiarizing myself with the town. I went on walks of the neighborhood with the family dog, went garage saling with the grandma and took many biking tours with Nick and my mom. Eugene has a great bike system set up throughout the city. Nevertheless, it takes me just under an hour to bike to the hospital from my current location. For this reason, it is a temporary solution to my housing problem. I hope to hear back from an apartment this week. At which point, I will know when and where I will be living for the rest of the year... With my cousin!

My time in Bend, I spent with friends and family. I went hiking around Suttle Lake, up the butte (Pilot Butte) a couple times, and biked around town. The weather has been amazing- Thank you God! With all this, I have managed to distract myself from studying up for extern... shoot! It starts tomorrow! OK, so all I need to do is... brush up on my techniques, positioning, figure out where my lead markers are in storage, find my extern binder and just catch up on house work. oh boy. God calm my nerves.

No comments: