Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Living in Eugene

My mind has been on overdrive these last two weeks. I have been memorizing the city of Eugene, Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend, Hospital Procedures, Radiographic Techniques, Patient Positioning, and so much more. The time has past quickly. Yet, I feel I have taken in enough information equivalent to an entire term of college.
Trying to enjoy my summer and balance my work/ social life, I have also been playing hard during my days/ hours off. I work from 7:00am to 3:30pm (though it is often later than that). This allows me to have the afternoon to study, exercise, and hang out.
Nick and I have been exploring on the weekends. We went to Shotgun creek over the 4th of July weekend and watched the local fireworks from the top of Skinner's Butte in the center of town. Last weekend, we met up with his grandparents out near Carmen & Smith Reservoir to do some camping and fishing. It was so much fun hiking around and boating on the reservoir and Clear Lake. The weather was wonderful and the adventuring was a blast. I love that area of Oregon!
I am also starting to appreciate Eugene and enjoy being here. More importantly though, I am finally feeling comfortable with living at Nick's grandparent's house and jumping in on various procedures in the hospital. Thanks for all the prayers. Keep them coming; next week I need to start comping on exams. (I need to comp 16 exams before September.)
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
It is not an accident that I am in Eugene. For this reason, I am so excited to see what God has planned for me during my time here. There is a purpose.

No comments: